Friday, May 14, 2010

I need some confidence for eyebrow waxing. . .?

Ok, so I know that everyone says it only hurts for 2 seconds, but does it hurt more than plucking? I pluck a lot and I'm used to that. Any confidence that it doesn't hurt or how to prevent extra pain is wonderous!I need some confidence for eyebrow waxing. . .?
I have found that plucking not only hurts more, but the overall pain lasts longer since you're doing one hair at a time. I have thicker brows and when I try and pluck, it takes 10 minutes just to try and clean up strays on the underside of one brow, whereas going to get them waxed takes 10 minutes, maybe less.





For me my thing is that they typically will itch for about an hour after they are done, but I just have to remember to be careful and try not to touch them (my skin is very sensitive).I need some confidence for eyebrow waxing. . .?
Don't worry about it, it's so much less painful than plucking...and this is coming from the biggest wimp ever. Waxing is a lot easier because it takes it all off at once and then you're done. Just make sure you go to someone who will do a good job! Also if you have sensitive skin or if you're on Accutane, you shouldn't wax because it will really irritate your skin. You could try threading, which is a little painful but safe for sensitive skin.
Well if you pluck a lot, it shouldn't be as painful since you're used to it, it's really just the underpart of the brow that hurts the most but you get used to it like with plucking if it does hurt you. Just remember that it's a hell of a lot faster and easy process =)
i just got my eyebrows waxed this weekend lol. if you can pluck your eyebrows, you'll be totally fine. when they pull off the wax strip, it hurts a bit but yeah it only lasts for a few seconds lol. but after that it'll feel like it's swelling or something(at least for me) but if you put something cool on it it'll make it feel so much better. and you can also take an antihistamine(for allergies) 20 minutes before to reduce irritation.


hope i helped=]
If you can handle plucking, you'll be fine. I can't stand plucking, and I always get my brows waxed. It's like ripping off a bandaid, it hurts less if you do it all at once. Plus they'll put pressure on the spot where they wax to make it hurt less and in some places they put on soothing cream or gel. Trust me, you'll be fine =]
Tell yourself that people will laugh at you unless you do it.
Waxing isn't very good for the skin. I recommend threading.
It only hurts when the hairs are ripped out, and it can be a little sore afterward. After waxing, I try not to touch the area because it's extra sensitive. When I get mine waxed, the girl who does it presses hard on the area she just ripped the paper from; the pressure helps to alleviate the pain. If you decide to get it done, ask the person performing it to do that. Also, for your first time, you might want to go some place a little pricier if you're nervous. I get mine done at Ulta where it's $18, which is actually a pretty good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment