Friday, May 14, 2010

Eyebrow waxing!?! (how badly) ?

How bad does it hurt?Eyebrow waxing!?! (how badly) ?
It hurts! It makes my eyes water every time. But the sting goes away almost immediately IF she does it right. If she doesn't...it hurts for longer. And don't let her tweeze you to death afterward. Some of them get carried away and just keep going till there's almost nothing left, and that doesn't look natural. Tell her you just want it ';cleaned up';.





Costs about $5-15 to get it professionally done at a nail or hair salon, lasts about 3.5 weeks.Eyebrow waxing!?! (how badly) ?
Have you ever tweezed your eyebrows? If so then you would like waxing, you get the benifts of tweezing and it hurts alot less. A good waxer will wax your eyebrows and it will take 2 minutes and really not hurt at all. Plus waxing lasts alot longer than tweezing!
Ha, this question made me remember that I need to get mine done again. I'm 14 and first got my eyebrows waxed when I was 13. I flinched the first time because I didn't know what to expect. It didn't really hurt that bad, then again I can take a lot of pain, lol. I guess just because it my first time getting my eyebrows waxed they were sensitive for a couple hours. Time after time it doesn't hurt as bad, my eyes just water a little. Just make sure that you know what the place it using because I know I have sensitive skin and Supercuts (where I get mine waxed) uses good products. It's not that expensive to get you eyebrows done either. And it's a lot better than tweezing.
It depends on the level of pain you can tae. Don't apply the wax too hot or too cool. The wax when ready should have an Opec or matte look while still hot - then applied.





**Note: Be very careful: If wax gets on a few hairs you don't want to eliminate -it will take those hairs and you can't go back. Have a professional do it first so you can see how it works and what hairs to take. For some reason when eye brows are remoed- they don;t grow back the same. You can screw up naturally beautiful eye brows and then start drawing them i nlike an old lady. Really, the drawn in look is a must for some -some women just haven't been born and blessed with nice brows. But if you have good ones- they can get easily damaged by a compulsive need to ';clean them up';.





Try using tweezers first, if you are attempted this at home alone. The way I do it and on others (like my husband-I only do a few) is I take the hair at the lower part of it by the skin _ I don;t take the hair by the tweezer from like the top of it and pull- taht hurst and makes yours eyes water. Grab it low and pull low and fast keeping the tweezer close to the skin- not touching the skin ofcourse but low- it doesn't hurt this way surprizingly.





One other mention the arch of the eyebrow should be directly above the pupil of the eye. Take a pencil and line it up by holding the pencil in front of one eyeand directly above it or as close as possible should be the top of the arch of the brow.


Eye brows can be a funny thing- the way they are shaped can determine your expression. If you take too much from in between your eyes- you'll have a weird sad look- again doing a little at a time is the way to go and have a pro do it. Even pros have a good way of F555king it up (oops, did I say that?)





Sorry this is long but I have had experience with thi and regret ever toughing my brows. I remove the end of them and after a perid of time they didn't grow back. I clor the ends lightly with a med. brown and no one can tell. But the fact of the matter -it's not the same any more.





Another thing: DO NOT let anyone do permananet makeup on them (like tattooing) I did that on the ends and they friggin' turned orange.


So my proces is cover the orange and fill in with the brown.





I had a med spa tell me they could laser the orange off- spoke to another pro about it and they told me the laser could have removed all my eyebrows and could have turned the skin area white.





Please be careful: everyone loves Whoopi Goldberg but we don't want her no eye brow look. Do you?





: ) My best
The first time will hurt more than other times, msotly cuz you're expecting it to hurt. It stings, but it's quick and much like pulling off a bandaid. Not too bad, way worth it. Thinking about it, plucking hurts too, but with that you feel an individual pain for every hair. Waxing takes several hairs at once so its over quickly.
It hurts a little, but it's so much better than plucking out the individual hairs. Whenever I get waxed I always say ';um!'; whenever they pull the strip off. But it only takes 5 minutes and lasts a long time, so it's worth it.





The part that's hard to take is the rest of the day, when your eyebrows are tender and a little itchy. Don't scratch.
if the person does it right and you aren't alergic to the wax, then it should just hurt a little. on a scale of 1-10 probably a 3 or a 2. also depending on your pain tollerance.
Not bad at all! If you go an experienced pro, they will use different techniques (cooling gels, pressure on the area immediately after pulling the wax off) that will make it close to painless.
It's quick and almost painless. To get it professionally done it costs about $10, and it looks beautiful and smells great!
Not very bad. When they put it on it's warm and relaxing, and they pull it off so fast it's like plucking 1 hair...so in a way it hurts less.
I have fairly manly eyebrows, lol and I would suggest waxing instead of plucking. The only time it hurt was when I has slight acne around where they were waxing. It's over soon and the end result is worth it!
It's really not that bad. And I can't stand pain. Like at all.





It's quick, and the only after effects is sensitivity for like 5 hours.
It doesn't hurt that bad it's a little uncomfortable but it's worth it!!
haha don't worry...it doesn't hurt
beauty is pain!!!!!


but really, if woman do it all the time than it is bearable
It doesnt hurt that bad.. and im a whimp! Just dont tense up your face and you will be fine! :)
I dont really need mine doing but i want to get them done some day.
It makes my eyes tear up, which I find kinda funny, but it doesn't hurt all that bad:)
Never done it! Seems like it hurts bad though!
doesnt hurt at all





threading --hurts the first time, then it'll never hurt again
Really not that bad at all. It's super fast! You should do it!
its not that bad, and its worth it.


it hurts for like a second
I thurts like a bandaid. Don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment